Wednesday, June 15, 2011

St. Jean Pied du Port

Let me start by saying the keys on the keyboard are in the wrong place in France!

12am left Humboldt a bit sad. Sad about leaving my friends and feeling confused about how making the right decision can still hurt so bad sometimes. My mind was racing with scenarios where the Spanish words I needed failed me. But interspersed with slight panic were moments of thoroughly enjoying these last moment surrounded by some of the best friends a girl could ask for. I arrived in San Francisco after driving through the night and said my goodbyes to Miles and Alyssa, walked through security and the feeling of pure excitement overcame me. I have 41 days to do anything I want when I want. Priceless. I feel I can conquer the world. The support from my family has brought me much joy and confidence. My grandmothers were most precious. She said "Nikki your living your life like we all secretly wish we did. We will be living through you while your there."  Time to go eat some French cuisine before I pass out. Tomorrow I walk from St. Jean to Orrison Hostel as I begin my climb of the Pyrenees.

1 comment:

  1. So glad to here you made it safe. Have an amazing trip. Live your dreams. Let the universe guide you, and as the French would say ... Bon Voyage!

    ReplyDelete