Monday, June 20, 2011

Pamplona to Puente la Reina 450 miles to Sanitago

Pamplona is a beautiful city it reminds me of San Francisco. I sat in the warm sun looking out onto their main plaza sipping Sangria last night. It was lovely. The mullet is no joke here. You see them every where in all shapes. I even spotted several dready mullets. Humboldt! your setting world wide trends!

The hostel was huge with 3 floors and all all modern beds and facilities. Which included washers AND dryers, internet, foot massasge and a full kitchen. And like most of the places you share a bathroom with the boys. But everyone is super respectful no pervs yet.

Enriqo and I have reached our conversational limits,  hello and goodbye. That´s fine, I still get to sit back and watch him run around in his bikini underwear at night. It´s hot. Along with the rest of the Italian gang Luigi and Javonni, who I seem to always end up near in the Alburgue´s and on the trail. Nothing like a little eye candy to keep you motivated. 



I got off to a late start this morning around 9 and picked up few things I needed and checked out the city. It took hours and I didn´t get back on the Camino until 2pm. It was lonely not seeing other pilgrims that long. And by two I was more than ready to get out of the city and back to the more rural part of the Camino. I walked for hours today alone. The scenery has changed from lush green hills and forrest to more dry dirt paths with tons of wheat fields. The land is drier and its getting freaking hot. There was hardley any shade today and sweat was just pouring out of me. Today I realized how strong I am. I walked from 9am to 8:30 in the evening most of it alone. My body has some aches and pains, but overall all I am doing very well. Except for the fierce farmers tan I working on!

3 comments:

  1. hey lady! just saw your blog link on fb today and read the whole thing! it sounds like you're having a blast and figuring out your stuffs. drink lots of water and *aquarius*(spanish gatorade)!

    will be reading your story!
    buen camino!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you know what's funny, rhett and i saw mullets on all the spanish people when we were travelling through europe in 2005 (never went to spain at that time, but saw them around other parts). so, we were on the lookout for mullets when we were there the last few weeks and never saw any! good to hear they're still popular in northern spain but i guess the trend died out in the southern half. we are very much missing sangria and gazpacho right now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. tried aquarius, its great thanks for the tip!

    had gazpacho finally! it was deliscioso

    ReplyDelete