Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Bliss 1/2 way to Santiago

From July 7th ish

If you follow your bliss, you put yourself on a kind of track, that has been there all the while, waiting for you, and the life you ought to be living is the one your are living.  Joseph Campbell

It seems that I have nothing but time these days. A very new feeling for me. I have been sitting pool side, eating bocadillos and gazpacho. I met the Ruru´s a few days ago. They are an inspiring couple who biked down the Camino and are waking back up it to Pamplona to see the running of the bulls. They travel the world and make and save money while they do it. They do this in various ways(all legal).They definately think outside the box. They encouraged me to get my shears and cut hair as I walk. And why not? They would have been my first two clients if I had shears.

My friend Jean, a retired woman from Canada, who sold her house and most of her possesions, put the rest in storage and came to the Camino. Her daugther thinks she´s lost her mind, but Jean is happier than ever. Jean said the nicest thing. She said your just going to have the best time on the Camino because you´re so open to everything. Yes I am. After chatting with Jean I walked over to my new singing group and sang on the plaza outside the Alburgue. There was a woman in her 70´s singing and dancing along with us. There were local kids lined up on their bikes around all of us. The woman hushed everyone and broke out in the worst acapello. We all politely listened. She went on for so long I had time to run up to my bed grab my camera and get some of it on video. Her daugther finall stopped her. It was hilarious. Maybe she drank a little too much of the wine being passed along!

No comments:

Post a Comment