Friday, July 8, 2011

Fireworks...Burgos 490 km to Santiago

June 29th, 2011

Slowing down has been such a gift. I feel better, look better, and I´m able to actually read about and enjoy what I´m walking pass. Enrico is gone. After the three 30k days I had to leave the pack I started with. I tried to find him the night before I knew I would not end up in the same town as he. I checked his alburgue, but he was out taking photos. Giovanni and Luigi and I all hung out for awile, but Enrico never showed up and I had to get back before curfew. This is what life was like before cell phones! I enjoy the suspense. I swear I heard his laugh, but I couldn´t tell where it was coming from. I miss that laugh already. But I´m in Burgos today, there´s  a feista, and it´s tapas for dinner tonight!

Later...

My heart is filled with butterflies and I want to run not walk. I´m laying in bed contemplating to stay or to go. My mind is racing with thoughts of money, love, and security. After weighing all the options, I know I can´t get on that plane.  I want to stay. I love travelling and moving. I´m trying to work out the money part. I believe in the possibility of staying here bringing me more money and happiness than ever before.

At the moment I decided to stay in Spain fireworks began shooting through the night sky. My confirmation. It will all work out. I stood for a long time watching out of the second story of the alburgue. Feelings of peace were all around me. My heart ´s on fire.

Everyone has said I would meet someone, fall in love, and never return home. I have met someone and it´s myself and she´s screaming to go be free.

1 comment:

  1. i'm so happy you found yourself nikki, it's way better than falling in love. :)

    ReplyDelete