Sunday, July 3, 2011

Santo Domingo 361 miles to Santiago/ 582km

From June 25thish, 2011

Today was a hard day. My feet are hurting. The past 2 days were 30 k days. It´s hot and there is little shade. With only 1 k to go I could hardly take another step, my feet ached! A group of pilgrims gave me water and I decided to stop and take a rest. A French man, who spoke no English, stopped and feed me lunch and more water. It gave me the strength I needed to continue on. I´m in the Alburgue now. It is a nice facility, very new. The offer an on sight medic, full kitchen, leather couches, t.v., and there´s a hen and rooster in the back yard. Which are for the nearby church and pertain to local legend of the Camino. Now I will rest and get an early start tomorrow as to avoid the afternoon sun.

Today I got rid of bobby pins and extra ponytail holders.

dopo...later

I sit in the warm evening air sipping a beer and listening to music. The bell tower of the cathedral  is  glowing in the night behind us. The vending machines here sell beer and wine. A wine bottle drops down just like a bag of  M a& M´s!  It´s also not uncommon for the alburgue´s to sell wine and beer. The wine is cheap and good. I could get used to this.  I´m in the company of an Italian, Polish, German, and Spanish man. We are all communicating well, a gift only the Camino can give. A few hours rest and the company of fellow pilgrims and I´m feeling ready to face the day tomorrow. Enrico gave me a picture he drew from his journal. It shows the world with with an eye in it and a planet with wings(him) flying towards it.  He says he wants to touch all of the world. Me too. Me too.

No comments:

Post a Comment