Sunday, July 3, 2011

Outside of Logroño

From June 24th, 2011

Days are now marked by the city I´m in not the day or date. It´s hard to remember how long I´ve been walking or that I have a destination. Each day is marked by how many kilometers, how many fountains, and what is the alburgue like.

I saw kids protesting in Larassona last night. There were tents and signs set up in the town square, and I saw a large group of people yelling and carrying signs, but I went the other way. I was too tired to deal with that. It was yet another fiesta that night, people were everywhere, wearing trendy clothes and drinking. I heard police on the bull horn  and drunkin ranting at 5 am. When I walked out of the town at 6 am, I saw a group of young people slowly staggering  home. They were nearly carrying one girl  who could hardly stand. I just smiled and thought man I´ve been there before. Enrico(with a c not a q) and I walked and talked yesterday morning and we were able to communicate quite well, mostly because he´s learning English lightening fast. He says I don´t like English, but for Nikki I learn. I´m learning Italian. Mille, Enrico and I always joke were speaking Ispanglish, and other various combos of the words. Haha he told me he loved me, but he meant like. A little lost in translation. I had said I love pizza, little bit different use of the word. I think he asked me to come visit Rome. Yes, thank you very much I would love to come to Rome. That´s a no brainer.

I got eaten alive by bed bugs last night and a sunburn, but other than that my body is great. I am strong.

Ran into my Irish friends again yesterday. I never stop laughing when they´re around. Such a fun group of guys. One of them always give me candy every time he see´s me then ask "didn´t your mother tell you not to take candy from strange men." I love it. I called him  a naughty man and he said "why do you think I´m doing the Camino."

songs of the moment- "we will we wil walk you walk you" and from my friend Holly from Canada "i got 99 problems but a cow ain´t one"


who needs an i pod when my imagination provide´s all the music i need!

No comments:

Post a Comment